If you are looking to make your own marijuana edibles the first step is making your own cannabis butter. Once you have a brick of homemade cannabis butter in the fridge, you can spread it on toast, mix it into smoothies or create some delicious extra baked goods.
Cannabis Butter Recipe
- ½ Ounce Finely Ground Cannabis
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- Grinder (electric or manual)
- Saucepan / Pot
- Mixing Spoon / Stick
- Glass Bowl / Container
- In a saucepan melt the butter on a low heat.
- Once the butter is completely melted slowly add in the ground cannabis.
- Stir frequently and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes.
- Place the cheesecloth inside the glass container and pour your melted cannabis butter over the cloth.
- Grab the corners of the cheesecloth and squeeze the butter through in order to strain out the ground cannabis.
- Place the butter in the fridge to let it set and you are good to go!
Things To Know About Cannabis Butter
It is important to simmer your cannabis butter over a very low heat in order to keep the THC content in tact.
Be sure to store your cannabis butter in the fridge if you are planning on using it over the next couple of weeks. If you want to store your cannabis butter for a longer period of time, place it in the freezer.
The stronger the cannabis, the stronger the butter. Always test out your cannabis butter before baking with it or offering it to your friends. Some edibles can be extremely potent and it is nice to warn others before knocking them out.
Not strong enough? Add in more cannabis, this recipe isn’t set in stone, try it out and tweak it to meet your specific stoner needs.
Let us know what your favorite way to use Cannabis Butter is.